Random Acts of Christmas Kindness
Let's countdown the 25 days to Christmas by performing
at least one Random Act of Kindness each day.
"If what we call love does not take us beyond ourselves it is not really love." Oswald Chambers
Step outside your comfort zone and show love in a bigger way than you have before. Show your family and friends that you love them by doing a completely unexpected Random Act of Kindness. Show a stranger love by doing something - just about anything - for them. Push yourself to be uncomfortable in a good way. Know that you are doing good, even if it makes you nervous.
- Type up a compliment for everyone in your department at work. Make sure you include a compliment for yourself if you wish to remain annonymous!
- Don't want to be annonymous? Next time you have the opportunity to speak in front the whole group stand up and give each person a compliment. It is good for us to share those compliments out loud and remind others of those positive qualities we see one another.
- Provide some free babysitting for parents who need to finish up their Christmas shopping.
- Write a thank you letter to the boss of someone that has provided excellent customer service. It is too often that comments are only received when they are negative. Go against the flow and send some positive feedback.
- Deliver a stationary kit to a nursing home or hospital. You can always ask a nurse to direct you to someone who will appreciate it (or even deliver it for you).
- Give someone an Almond Joy with a note stating "It's a JOY to have you in my life."
- Put your camera to work! Visit a festive area and offer to take free pictures of families in front of the giant Christmas tree, twinkling lights, snowman, or whatever it may be. Get their email address and send them a free copy of the picture.
- Offer to take pictures of families, couples, indivuals who are out snapping pictures with their own camera's. We rarely get pictures with the whole group in them because someone has to be standing behind the camera (or phone!) pushing the button. If you see people taking pictures step up and offer to take the picture with their camera for them.
- Go into a bakery and prepay for cupcakes. Ask them to give the prepaid cupcakes to the next few people who walk in the door.