RACK day 21

Random Acts of Christmas Kindness
Let's countdown the 25 days to Christmas by performing
at least one Random Act of Kindness each day.


“You can not do a kindness too soon because you never know how soon it will be too late.”

That quote might as well say "Stop procrastinating Misty!"  Although I will continue to do Random Acts of Kindness after December 25th has come and gone, there are some things I really wanted to do during this initial 25 day period.  Even though I may have listed some of these ideas before I am posting them again because they are some of my favorites, and I have yet to do them.  Five days left, time to get busy!

  • Leave a $1 bill in the toy section at the dollar store for a child to find.
  • Tape money to a vending machine and then sit back and watch as people walk by and check it out.
  • Tape quarters to the small toy/candy machines at a local restaurant.
  • Purchase a gift card and turn around and hand it to the person behind you in line.
  • Wrap a few small gifts and leave them in a public play area for children to find. 
  • Leave a box of groceries on the doorstep of a family in need.
**I want to share my RACK from yesterday.  I felt like I needed to be present for a RACK, specifically a RACK for a stranger.  We decided to buy a gift card at Pizza Hut and give it to someone who was already in there eating.  I prayed the whole way there that I would give the gift card to the right person, because I didn't know how I would decide which family was the most deserving.  Guess what?  There was only one family there when we arrived!  Must be meant to be!  I purchased the gift card and as I was signing my name on the receipt my hand was shaking.  I was nervous to walk up to a complete stranger.  Troy suggested we just ask the waiter to give it to this man and his daughter for us, but I knew I needed to be there so I could see the joy on his face.  I took a deep breath, walked over to his table, and said "This is for you.  Merry Christmas!"  He didn't quite know what to say, but he thanked us and wished us a Merry Christmas as well.  I needed to see that smile, that expression of joy on his face that couldn't be hidden. 

I do not do RACK's to make myself feel better, but yesterday I needed to give that man a gift card so that I could feel better.  It was hard, my voice was shaking, I was shaking and he probably thought I was a little bit crazy, but as soon as we walked out into the dark parking lot we both burst out the biggest smiles our faces had ever seen.  I am ready to do it again!  My batteries have been recharged and I am ready to put that smile on some more faces.

Comments