RACK day 13

Random Acts of Christmas Kindness
Let's countdown the 25 days to Christmas by performing
at least one Random Act of Kindness each day.

Pinned Image

"During my second year of nursing school our professor gave us a quiz.  I breezed through the questions until I read the last one:  "What is the first name of the woman who cleans the school?"  Surely this was a joke.  I had seen the cleaning woman several times, but how would I know her name?  I handed in my paper, leaving the last question blank.  Before the class ended, one student asked if the last question would count toward our grade.  "Absolutely," the professor said.  "In your careers, you will meet many people.  All are significant.  They deserve your attention and care, even if all you do is smile and say hello."  I've never forgotten that lesson.  I also learned her name was Dorothy."  Joann C. Jones

Virginia is the name of the lady who cleans the restrooms at my work.  She is a small woman who talks fast and always greets me with a smile.  That is just about all I can tell you about her.  By the end of this RACK journey I will know more about Virginia.  She is significant and deserves my attention and care. 

  • Introduce yourself to someone new.  A compliment is always a great conversation starter!
  • Find out the name of the person who cleans your bathrooms, delivers your mail, or shovels the snow off the sidewalk at work.  Greet them by name from now on.
  • Buy flowers for the housekeeping staff.  In my experience the people that spend their days cleaning up our messes rarely have a space they can escape to.  Lunches are eaten on a table surrounded by cleaning supplies.  I imagine bright flowers would be appreciated. 

Comments