Friday, December 16, 2011

RACK day 16

Random Acts of Christmas Kindness
Let's countdown the 25 days to Christmas by performing
at least one Random Act of Kindness each day.


"Kindness is like snow; it beautifies everything it covers."

The other day I was home sick and needed something to eat.  I called my sister and through the haze of painkillers I put in an order for sandwich and a request for free delivery.  She brought me the sandwich I vaguely remembered asking for and I fell asleep.  I woke up to find that sandwich curled up to my chest, only a few bites missing.  It took me about an hour to eat that bologna sandwich I requested.  I hate bologna (although I did request it), but with each bite I thought of my sister and the RACK she had done for me that day.  "Kindness is like snow; it beautifies everything it covers."  That was the best bologna sandwich I've ever had!

  • Have a pile of stuff you are saving for a yard sale?  Give it away for free today.
  • Sponsor a Compassion child and write to him/her. 
  • Give to your local fire fighters and/or policemen
    • cards
    • baked goods
    • a hot meal
  • Take a cup of hot cocoa to the person working the crosswalk at your child's school.

No comments:

Post a Comment