A full moon

Framed Moon on imgfave

As we were driving home tonight I pointed out the moon to Troy.  It was a fiery orange ball, low in the sky.  Ten minutes later it was a bright white light, high over our heads. Both versions of the moon were beautiful and equally worth our time to stop and admire them, but I couldn't get over how fast the scenery changed. 

When I get in the hot tub in the mornings I always look for any constellations I can remember from elementary school.  At this time of year the big and little dippers are hanging out just over the roof of my neighbors house.  I can't see Orion's belt because it is only visible from our front yard.  In a few months the view will change and Orion's belt will be back in my viewing area and the dippers will be much higher in the sky. 

The stars and the moon do not go anywhere.  They are always there, but our view point is constantly changing.  We are on the move, and as active people in this world it is up to us to open our eyes and take in our surroundings.  There is beauty all around you just waiting to be seen. 

George Bailey: You want the moon? Just say the word and I'll throw a lasso around it and pull it down. Hey. That's a pretty good idea. I'll give you the moon, Mary.

Mary: I'll take it!  Then what?

George Bailey: Well, then you can swallow it, and it'll all dissolve, see... and the moonbeams would shoot out of your fingers and your toes and the ends of your hair...

Take in the beauty of your surroundings and maybe, just maybe, moonbeams will shoot out of your fingers and your toes.  I don't know about you, but I'll take all the help I can get in creating a natural glow!

Comments