All in the name of love


Troy has bad feet.  I don't know what's wrong with them (depends on which doctor you ask) but they suck.  He especially has trouble with his heels and they are easily injured.  The man loves sports, but he can't even play a game of catch without regretting it the next day. 

Most of us would have sore feet after a couple hours of standing/walking.  Troy sometimes struggles to make it through a trip to the grocery store.  Maybe if we could take some of the fat out of my butt and put it on the bottom of his feet it would solve his problem!  Like anyone else he has good days and bad days and not every experience effects him in the same way, but he does have more than his fair share of foot pain.

I am telling you this so that you will understand how much today meant to me. 

I've wanted a laptop for quite a while, but since I've started blogging my desire for one has gotten even greater.  It would be so nice to be able to work on my blog in the living room and still be able to spend time with Troy, or to take it with me to Crown Center on those nights Troy has to pick me up late from work.  I am using the computer a lot more often now and a laptop would be so convenient.  While looking through the black Friday ad's Troy found a good deal on one and offered to get it for me.  I didn't ask for it, or even have to do any persuading, he just offered. 

Troy left the house around 3:30am.  Around 5:00 he got to the store and joined the long line, outside, in the below freezing temps.  The store didn't open until 7am.  Shortly after 8:00 he called me and said he wasn't able to get the laptop, but that they had another one available and he would try to get me one of those.  He had been standing in line for over an hour just to find out that he would not be able to get the item he went after.  Thank goodness that put him towards the front of the line for option #2. 

Another hour later he finally joined the very long, very slow checkout line.  It was going on 11:00 when he finally told me that he had successfully paid for the laptop!!!!!!! but now had to get in yet another line to actually pick it up. 

He was on his feet for almost 6 hours...for me.  He must really love me!  I owe him one heck of a foot massage! (especially since he is going back to the store with me tomorrow to get a couple more items)

Comments

  1. Yes, I think that man would jump through hoops of fire for you! You sure picked a winner!!!
    MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's not test that theory!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I recall, you have one fantastic foot spa. Maybe he should try that out ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment