Finger pointing photo
I am terrible about nagging Troy to do things. It's not something I'm proud, I mean who wants a trophy for world's most annoying nagger? Not me! It especially bothers me because Troy's Love Language is "words of affirmation". He feels love the most through words and here I am using negative language with him. I need to work on this!
My sister recently told me about The Happiness Project and the title alone was enough to make me drop everything and look it up. I still have a lot of reading/research to do to find out what it's really all about, but I'm very excited about it. The very first article I read on the website was titled "Fourteen Tips to Avoid Nagging".
How ironic...or meant to be...that I go to a website to learn tips on how to be happier and the very first thing I read is how to stop nagging. You know the saying Happy Wife = Happy Life? Perhaps it should be Happy Spouse = Happy House. The less
Here are the 14 tips listed on the website. Go here to read more about them for yourself.
1. Suggest tasks without words
2. If you need to use your voice limit yourself to one word
3. Don't insist that a task be done on your schedule.
4. It's better to decline a task than to break a promise.
5. Have clear assignments
6. Sometimes, do your spouse's task
7. Assign chores based on personal priorities
8. Do it yourself
9. Settle for a partial victory
10. Rethink the way you think about chores
11. Don't push for the impossible
12. If you want something done your way do it yourself
13. Could money buy happiness (and stop the nagging)?
14. Do your part / set the example
It's not going to be easy.......
Have you read the sweet post Troy wrote about falling in love with me? Read it, and then feel free to mentally scold me for being such a nag to a man who is so incredibly kind.