J is for Journey

 (fall,red coat,walk,journey)
On the Journey, from here

Not the band... I know there is a band named Journey, but don't ask me to name one song they sing.  Nothing against Journey, I just suck at pop quizzes related to music.  I couldn't tell you if Journey is a jazz, pop, or country group.  Yes, I'm that clueless.

Journey: progress from one stage to another.  The journey of life. 

If you could describe your journey in one word, what word would you choose?  Has your journey been interesting, fulfilled, or exotic?  My word is blessed.  On this journey of life I have been blessed.

I was literally blessed as a baby.  I wore a beautiful white dress, people prayed for me, and a lot of pictures were taken!  I was blessed with two parents who have played equal parts in raising me into who I am today.  In a world full of divorce and death I consider myself blessed to have parents that have been married for 33 years, but that is a topic for another day. 

I have been blessed with a large family.  I am the oldest of 4 siblings, too many cousins to keep track of, and (so far) 4 nieces and nephews.  I always had playmates growing up!

I was blessed with the opportunity to go to college where the most important lessons I learned were not taught inside a classroom.  I made amazing friends, and learned a lot about myself during this time.

I have been blessed with a church family and although the faces have changed over the years, the feeling of family has always been there. 

I am blessed because I have Troy, who truly loves me for who I am. 

I am blessed to have a job, a house, food, hot water.....the list goes on and on.

Blessed describes my journey.  What word would you choose to describe your journey? 

P.S. Troy and I have the same word for letter K.  Check back tomorrow to see what the word is and get both of our takes on it!

Comments