What a xenial young lady!
Yep, I had to pull out the dictionary for today's post (well the online dictionary...I don't have the actual book in my house). How many X-words do you know? X-ray and xylophone. Yep, that was all I could come up with too. Thank goodness for the internet!
Xenial is an adjective which means to give gifts to strangers. Xenial people are usually very helpful. I saw a xenial young man helping an elderly lady across the street.
Here are some suggested random acts of kindness you could try out in hopes of becoming a more xenial person.
- Send someone a card in the mail for no reason at all. Yes, in the mail.
- Put money in the vending machine for the next person to find. People love getting their guilty snack food for free! It almost makes you feel better about eating it :)
- Give something away for free instead of holding it for your next garage sale. Free stuff on Craigslist!
- Invite someone over for a homecooked meal, unless you are a terrible cook, then take them out to a restaurant.
- Do your spouses least favorite chore for them (laundry!).
- Write a glowing review for a company you use often. Yelp! is a great place to start.
- Compliment a stranger. Doesn't it just make your whole day when someone you don't know tells you that you're lookin' hot today?
- Allow someone else to shine. Stop being selfish and just stay in the background as someone else has their moment. Let them take full credit on this one.
- Teach your children to hold the door open for others. Strangers will silently thank you some day for raising such a thoughtful individual.
How will you be a xenial person today?