Thankful Thursday 5-5-11
One of the many paths we explored during our vacation
Here is the first of what I hope will be a long standing tradition of Thankful Thursday posts. Here are the some of the things I am thankful for from this past week
- Successfully completing the A-Z Challenge
- Word Nerd has such a way with word's that she is doing the challenge backwards during May! Nerdy, or not, she is good with words and I enjoy reading her blog, so I'm happy (thankful?) that she will once again be blogging every day during May
- Vacation time spent with the man I love
- Successfully geocaching! Even though there were a couple we didn't find, overall we had a high success rate
- Doing a lot of walking and then realizing that my legs are (somewhat) used to being used all day long. I constantly surprise myself with the ease in which I can walk long-to-me distances. Now my arms are a whole other (weak) story!
- Discovering two new blogs that instantly drew me in and touched my heart. Both are written by the parents of special needs children, and boy-oh-boy do they have cute kids!!
- Letting what could have been a hurtful comment roll off my back and making the decision to not let it weigh me down.
- Watching the Royal Wedding and realizing that I felt genuine happiness for them, and not the jealousy I expected.
- Planting a tree (and discovering that it was not too late to qualify for a free necklace from Figs & Ginger)
- Spending time with Levi
- The kind man who took my pizza order at Caseys. His kindness put me in a good mood for the rest of the night.
- An exciting baseball game where the Royal's came back and won right at the end!
- Our baby birds are growing and everytime I check in on them they are cuddling. Cuddling baby birds are adorable!
Want to win some cool stuff? LoveThatMax is hosting a full week of giveaways! Some of it is totally mom related stuff (cool/stylish high chair, mom planner) and some if it is super cool for anyone (charger, Scwan's gift card, Gilt gift card). Check out the blog (click here) and sign up for your own chance to win free stuff!