Thankful Thursday 09-15-11

Pumpkin Whoopie Pies should be on your baking list for fall. 
  • Earlier this week I was having a bad day.  I just wasn't feeling so great with all the ragweed floating around and I struggled to get through the day.  As I was standing in the kitchen at work, my eyes closed, silently willing my nose not to run for the three minutes it takes to make a cup of tea, a lady came in told me how much she appreciates that I am always in a good mood.  I opened one eye and peeked around the room thinking that she surely must be talking to someone else; someone who wasn't having a pity party for herself while she waited for the tea bag to turn the water brown.  I was the only person in the room.  She went on to tell me how she looks forward to passing me in the hallway because I always have a smile and a happy tone to my voice.  She thanked me for making her work day a little better.  She thanked me, but really I should have been the one thanking her.  This lady I barely know pulled me out of my bad mood and put me back in the good place I know and love. 
  • Scooters has pumpkin pie shakes and they taste just like drinking a pumpkin pie through a straw.  They have hot coffee pumpkin pie drinks, but I am in love with the shake!
  • We watched Sole Surfer the other day and we both loved it. 
  • Someone gave me a hug and thanked me for doing my job the other day.
  • A friend stopped by with pumpkin whoopie pies and listened as we rambled on and on about our Jamaican vacation.  The best friends bring food and pretend your vacation stories are super exciting.  Thanks Amanda!
  • Troy pulled the hot tub out of the garage and got it all set up for the cooler weather.  This morning it was 48 degrees outside and the hot tub felt perfect.  Thank you honey!

Comments