He makes me cry the good kind of tears



Every year I ask Troy to not spend any money buying me a birthday present.  My favorite birthday/anniversary/Christmas/Valentines gifts are the ones you can't buy in a store.  Love letters, lazy afternoons laying on a blanket at the park, evenings spent cuddling under one blanket, and any meals I didn't have to cook are all great presents for me. 

When I got out of the shower I found post it notes stuck to the walls all over the house.  Here is what they said:

  • Happy
  • Birthday
  • To
  • My
  • Beautiful
  • Wife
  • I see the world inside your eyes
  • You make me smile every day
  • I would rather have one smell of your hair or one touch of your hand than an eternity without it.
  • I am so thankful for your family
  • I am so thankful for your family, they are a blessing. 
    • (yep, he is double thankful for my family!)
  • You've grown to be such a part of me that without you life is no more than a desperate sigh.  They say love comes and goes, and to that I disagree.  So here's my hand, take it and don't let go of me.
  • I
  • Love
  • You
  • Thank you for cooking almost every night
  • I love your optimistic views
  • You make me an optimistic person
  • You helped me find a church family
  • I thank God every day that you are in my life
  • You are my best friend
  • When one finds a worthy wife, her value is far beyond pearls.  Her husband, entrusting his heart to her, has an unfailing prize.  Proverbs 31:10-11
  • You are the best thing that has ever happened to me
  • You make me a better person

I love him.

Comments