Change your day

Organic Ironwork Duvet Cover + Shams
I want this for my bedroom

Do you ever wake up on the wrong side of the bed?  Where does that phrase come from?  Wouldn’t it be amazing if our bad mood could be fixed by simply going back to bed and getting up on the other side?  Sometimes we need to push the bad side of our bed up against a wall so that we are forced to get out on the happy side.  If only life were that easy…

I woke up on the “wrong side of the bed” yesterday morning.  “I’m sorry, I’m not having a good morning - I just need to go back to bed and start over” was my apology to Troy as we were bumping into each other in the hallway trying to get ready for work.  There was nothing keeping me from making it a good day other than my own mental attitude.  Nothing happened to put me in a bad mood.  I just was.  

I decided that there was no point in being grouchy if even I didn’t know what I was being grouchy for.  Wasted energy.  It is so much easier to be happy and content, then angry at…nothing.  

When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” – Max Planck, Nobel Prize Winner

If I stop looking at the day as a negative and instead start seeing it as an opportunity to make positive memories, will it become an optimistic day?  

Yes!  Yesterday was a good day.  Nothing great happened, there are no moments that stand out to me, but it was a good day.  When I went back to bed last night I felt content and happy. 

Change the way you look at your day, and see if it your day changes. 

Comments