Hurry up April!
Things have been crazy busy at work lately. We are moving to a new location after 20+ years in the offices we currently occupy. Anyone that has ever moved to a new home knows that moving is a lot of work and the longer you've been at your current place the longer it takes to move to your new place. We accumulate things over the years that make us wonder why we ever thought that was important enough to shove into the back of the closet for "safe keeping".
- VHS tapes. Everything has been on DVD for a while now, so it's no surprise the tapes were covered in a very thick layer of dust.
- Floppy disks. People have been hoarding unused floppy disks at their desk for a very long time!
- Brochure stating "Welcome to your new Window's 97". FYI - it's now 2011.
- A crazy amount of dictionaries have been uncovered as people start to dig through things. Spellcheck and dictionary.com have replaced the need for killing trees to print dictionaries now days.
- Phone books are also a thing of the past...especially when they were printed 10 years ago. I'm guessing most of the information in there is no longer valid.
With aprox 250 employees there are a lot of supplies going into the recycle boxes and whoever said that "one man's trash is another man's treasure" was not lying! It's fun to see people sneak a peek into the recycle box as they casually make their way to the restroom. File folders - no, half used pencil - no, double sided highlighter - SCORE!
So this week is the big move and I am working the next 12 days (extended hours) to do my part in making it a successful, and less stressful event for everyone. Unless I get a crazy amount of inspiration this blog will be put on hold until it's all over. I do have good news for you though....
I am going to do my best to (successfully) participate in the A-Z Blogging Challenge during the month of April. This means I will have 26 new blog posts during the month; one for each letter of the alphabet. I'm excited to get back into a regular rhythm with blogging and I'm hoping this challenge will be just what I need :)
See you in April!