hole-in-one




Par 3 - it takes the average person three strokes to get the ball in the hole.  Some will do it in less time and some will take longer.  Don't expect a hole-in-one, this game takes time. 

It seems as though when we do things for others we want a hole-in-one.  We want to put forth as little effort as possible and get the greatest reward.  What is the least amount of effort I can put into helping you and still come out looking like the good guy?  

I am guilty of constantly searching for the hole-in-one, the fast and easy way to help others.  What fits into my time schedule?  Which activity keeps me inside my comfort zone?  How can I help you without inconveniencing myself?  

Sometimes helping others is hard and we try to take shortcuts.  Stop aiming for a hole-in-one when God has put a par 3 course in front of you.  You never know what you will learn about yourself along the way.  

As we start our season of RACK'ing others I am going to attempt to post each day.  There will not be a common theme to these posts like there was last year, but I hope that by coming here and reading what has been encouraging/motivating me it will serve as a reminder to you to find those moments in your own life that motivate you to do for others.  

Click here to print your own RACK cards (Thank you TSJ for sharing!)
Click here to read RACK Day 1
Click here to read RACK Day 2

Comments