Thanksgiving day 2

I'm spending the month of November writing 30 thank you cards. Will you join me by taking a quick moment each day this month to tell someone thank you?  Whether it's a handwritten card, a Facebook message, a quick text, or a long conversation - you're thank you is important. 


Dear Teachers,

Here's what I want you to know: I'm on your side and I don't think you hear it enough. When my kid comes home and complains about how unfair you are, or how it's all your fault they flunked the test, or any of the gazillion reasons they come up with to somehow blame you for their failure; I'm on your side. I want to see my kids succeed and I'll help them as much as I can, but putting the blame on teachers does not work in our house. 

Thank you for teaching them even when they refuse to listen. Thank you for asking about their weekend and complimenting them even when they are being brats. Thank you for emailing me to let me know when they are struggling and thank you for calling me when they do something great.  

My kids are pretty amazing and I hope you see that too, but know that I am not blind to their ways.  

Comments