Procrastination

Tumblr_ldw9bzof321qfy6tso1_400_large
Blowing bubbles from weaheartit

I will often visit nablopomo.com for ideas on blogging topics.  I've only used a topic from there once, but I still check in regularly because you just never know which daily prompt will get my mind rolling.  The one that stuck out to me today was "tell us 7 things you do when you procrastinate". 

Ha!  I am the queen of procrastination.  Well I'm the queen of sarcasm, and maybe the princess of procrastination.  (A girl can never have too many crowns!)  This should be easy!

1. Facebook - I'm addicted, and no I don't want to go to a Facebookers anonymous meeting.
2. Read other peoples blogs - I love blogs and this one is my current favorite addiction
3. Browse pretty pictures on pinterest
4. Watch tv...even if it's something Troy chose that I have little interest in (lucky for me we tend to like the same shows)
5. Go through my phone and see who I can text
6. Imagine what I would do if I won the lottery.  This is a favorite conversation between us and we discuss it often....maybe too often. 
7. Daydream and possibly have a conversation with myself (about winning the lottery)

Notice I did not say clean or exercise, because those are two activities that I am usually procrastinating doing. 

I'm not sure when I became a procrastinator, maybe in college?  In high school I was the nerd that came straight home from school and did my homework before anything else.  While my siblings were running around doing whatever it is normal kids do after school I was doing my homework.  I did not procrastinate.  I don't remember when it happened, but at some point in college I turned into that girl that wrote her paper an hour before it was due. 

I do not like to do laundry, so I will procrastinate until I have to throw a load in the washer on my way to bed or else go to work au natural the next day.  I need my job too much to risk getting fired for showing up without pants.

I admire those people who do everything right away.  Those crazy people who write a daily check list and check it all off before allowing themselves to do any "extra" activities.  You should be proud of yourselves!  I am not one of those people, but I'm betting I am a much more entertaining facebook friend, because my status is updated often...while I am procrastinating.  See - procrastination isn't all bad :)

Comments