Sacred Creation



At Family Camp earlier this summer we talked about Sacred Creations.  When asked to name a sacred creation, or a sacred place most people went straight to nature.  It makes sense.  You think of things God created and your mind automatically goes to your favorite places...outside. 

My most sacred creation: my marriage.  Do you ever just get overwhelmed by how amazing your life is?  It all just comes rushing over you at once and you don't know what to do with all the awesomeness surrounding you?  I have those moments...a lot. 

God created our marriage.  We have to work to keep it going strong, but it's no accident that we ended up together.  I think of all the things that had to happen for us to end up together, and I feel it.  I reflect on my day and remember something Troy did - something that is just the way he is, but is perfect for me, and I feel it.  I lay in bed at night and think about all the amazing moments we had during the day and I feel it.  I get overwhelmed by this amazing gift I have been given in Troy. 

I feel it.  I feel that there is something between us that is stronger than either one of us alone.  I feel that we are both at our best when we are together.  I feel that no one could ever know/understand me better than he does.  I feel that there is a greater purpose for us, than just to make each other happy.  I feel that our marriage is setting the foundation for bigger plans God has for each of us. 

My most sacred creation, the thing I am so grateful to God for creating, is my marriage. 

Comments